You can install the Imagine Español Chrome app with a settings file containing your server address and other settings to your site devices using the Google Admin console.
To use this feature, you first need to create a settings file for your school. Use the settings file generator to configure the file.
To create a settings file
Imagine Español server type
Click the drop down arrow to select server address.
Enter your server address. The server address should be a fully qualified domain name (e.g.; your server host name.parent domain name.edu); an IP address will not work.
- Click to access the settings file generator.
- Enter information in the required fields.
- Click Generate to create the file.
- Click Download, and then save the file to a location on your computer. You need to upload this file to the Google Admin Console when you deploy the app.
To deploy the Chrome app with a settings file
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Navigate to Device Management > Chrome Management > User Settings.
- Select an organization.
- Click Manage force-installed apps in Apps and Extensions.
- Click Chrome Web Store.
- Search for Imagine Español or enter gfmchdgbmmmdcmgolkddkhnpibjeilbg and click Save.
The Force-installed Apps and Extensions window is closed.
- Click Save to save your changes to User Settings.
- Navigate to Device management > Chrome Management > App Management.
- Double-click on the Imagine Español icon.
- Select an organization, then select the settings you want to configure and click Save.
- The settings you select depend on the configuration you want; however, you need to upload the settings file. Click Override in Configure, then click Upload Configuration File.
- Upload the settings.txt configuration file you created for your organization.
- Click Save.
Select User settings to push the app to your organization and upload a configuration file.
Public session settings
Select Public session settings to deploy the app as a public session and upload a configuration file. Public sessions function as guest sessions where multiple users can share the same device without signing in. No Imagine Español data is saved.
Select Kiosk settings to deploy Imagine Español as a Kiosk app and upload a configuration file. Kiosk settings allow you to run a single app in full screen mode.