There are different ways that you can roster your students in Imagine Español: self-service rostering, assisted rostering, or rostering through third-party integration with a SIS provider.
- Self-service rostering (where you use the Setup Wizard in the Imagine Español portal to roster your staff and students in bulk or individually)
- Assisted rostering (where you prepare your data files using specific format templates and then upload them to the Imagine Learning rostering team to be rostered)
- Third-party integration (where you integrate with a SIS provider using a third-party service to load and sync roster data)
The rostering method that you choose depends on how many staff and student accounts you need to add and whether your school or district is using a third-party SIS provider. If you are adding 50 or less student or staff accounts, we recommend that you use self-service rostering. If you are adding 200 or more student or staff accounts, we recommend that you use assisted rostering. If you are using a SIS provider, we recommend that you follow the third-party integration instructions to sync data from your SIS provider.
For all users to properly view and utilize all the features of Galileo® K-12 and the Galileo K-12 Student-Parent Center, please ensure that the following URLs are whitelisted on network security devices.
When you do self-service rostering through the Imagine Learning Portal, you use the Setup Wizard to create staff and student accounts and groups, assign student accounts to groups, assign product access to students, and review default product settings for any products you've assigned students access to. You can add staff and student accounts individually or in bulk by importing roster data. If you are an Administrator, you can add staff and student accounts; if you are a Teacher, you can only add student accounts.
If you are rostering 200+ students, we recommend that you use Assisted Rostering.
Assisted rostering allows you to add organizations, groups, students accounts, and staff accounts using templates populated with your roster data. Then you can upload your roster files to the Imagine Learning Rostering team to ensure that all your staff and students are rostered successfully.
There are 3 different ways you can prepare your roster files:
- Use the Simplified Roster templates. This option is best if you want to import your roster data only once and then maintain your staff and student accounts, groups, and product access through the Imagine Learning portal.
- Use the Traditional Roster templates. This option is best if you want to regularly sync roster data regularly rather than maintain your staff and student accounts, groups, and product access through the Imagine Learning portal. Note: If you've rostered your students with Imagine Learning previously, you've used these templates.
- Use the OneRoster™ templates. This option is best if you use a SIS provider (such as Clever or ClassLink) that can export data in the OneRoster™ file format. You can populate your roster files by exporting data from your SIS. Once you export the data, you can sync roster data regularly rather than maintain your staff and student accounts, groups, and product access through the Imagine Learning portal.
If you are preparing your roster file by exporting data from a SIS, you should understand data file management, manipulation, and relationships: you should be able to extract multiple files from your SIS and provide them to third-party application providers or SIS integration services, and be comfortable manipulating rows and columns on comma-separated value (CSV) files to accurately represent data relationships.
Download the roster file templates
Download the roster file templates below. You can use the Simplified Roster templates or the Traditional Roster templates to prepare your data. Use the OneRoster™ templates only if your SIS can export data in the OneRoster™ format.
Populate the roster file templates with your data
Depending on the templates that you downloaded, click the file specification below for instructions on how to populate your roster files with the correct data.
Upload your roster files to Imagine Learning
Upload your roster files to the Imagine Learning Rostering team using the secure form below. The files you upload are securely transferred via HTTPS to an Imagine Learning Box account, where these files are protected with best-in-class security and accessible only to members of the Imagine Learning Rostering team.
You can roster your students using third-party services like Clever and ClassLink to load and sync SIS data.
Need help? Email the Imagine Learning Rostering team for assistance.