We released a quicker and easier way for students to log in to the Imagine Learning Student app. This new login experience leverages the QR code and device camera technology. With this change, our apps are now requesting camera access.
Due to the nature of the Chrome Web Store platform, the microphone and camera permissions are bundled into one agreement. This means that a user must allow both microphone and camera permissions in order to use the Imagine Learning Student app. Users who have the app manually installed will see a prompt asking them to click on Accept Permissions. Users running in Kiosk mode will not see the prompt and are able to scan QR codes.
If you don't want to allow access to the camera (which will consequently not allow students to log in using a QR Code), we recommend using app.imaginelearning.com. In the Chrome browser, you can allow microphone permissions, which are required for the Imagine Learning Student app, without allowing access to the camera.
You can push the Imagine Learning Student app for Chrome with a settings file containing your Site Code to your site devices using the Google Admin console. This eliminates the need for users to enter a Site Code when they log in.
To use this feature, you first need to create a settings file. Use the settings file generator to configure the file.
To create a settings file
- Click to access the settings file generator.
- Enter information in the required fields.
- Click Generate to create the file.
- Click Download, and then save the file to a location on your computer. You need to upload this file to the Google Admin Console when you deploy the app.
Imagine Language & Literacy server type
Click the drop down arrow to select Site Code. (Server Address is for legacy on-premise servers.)
Enter your Site Code or server address. The server address should be a fully qualified domain name (e.g.; your server host name.parent domain name.edu); an IP address will not work.
To deploy the Chrome app with a settings file
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Navigate to Device Management > Chrome Management > User Settings.
- Select an organization.
- Click Manage force-installed apps in Apps and Extensions.
- Click Chrome Web Store.
- Search for Imagine Learning Student or enter jkecilbkdjdngkdbhfdjncppagdmjlfh.
The Force-installed Apps and Extensions window is closed.
- Click Save to save your changes to User Settings.
- Navigate to Device management > Chrome Management > App Management.
- Double-click on the Imagine Learning Student app icon.
- Select an organization, then select the settings you want to configure and click Save.
- The settings you select depend on the configuration you want; however, you need to upload the settings file. Click Override in Configure, then click Upload Configuration File.
- Upload the settings.txt configuration file you created for your organization.
- Click Save.
Select User settings to push the Imagine Learning Student app to your organization and upload a configuration file.
Public session settings
Select Public session settings to deploy the app as a public session and upload a configuration file. Public sessions function as guest sessions where multiple users can share the same device without signing in. No Imagine Language & Literacy data is saved.
Select Kiosk settings to deploy as a Kiosk app and upload a configuration file. Kiosk settings allow you to run a single app in full screen mode.