There are different ways that you can roster your students in Imagine Math Facts: self-service rostering, assisted rostering, or rostering through third-party integration with a SIS provider.
- Self-service rostering (where you use the Imagine Math Facts portal to roster your staff and students in bulk or individually)
- Assisted rostering (where you prepare your data files using specific roster templates and then upload them to the Imagine Learning Rostering team to be rostered)
- Third-party integration (where you integrate with a SIS provider using a third-party service to load and sync roster data)
The rostering method that you choose depends on how many student accounts you need to add and whether your school or district is using a third-party SIS provider. If you are adding 50 or less student accounts, we recommend that you use self-service rostering. If you are adding 200 or more student accounts, we recommend that you use assisted rostering. If you are using a SIS provider, we recommend that you follow the third-party integration instructions to sync data from your SIS provider.
You can roster Imagine Math Facts by adding classes, adding students, and importing a class list. These processes are initiated by clicking the AddClass(es), AddStudent(s), or ImportStudentList buttons.
To add classes
- Click Add Classes, and then type or paste in new classes in the right panel. A new line represents a new class. The left panel previews your work. Nothing prevents the creation of two classes with the same name.
- Click Add to create the classes.
To add students
- Select a class from the organization tree, then enter studentname;username;password. A new line represents a new student.
Imagine Math Facts now requires a unique username and password for each student.
- Click Add to create the students.
Importing a student list
The Import Student List feature allows you to add classes and students together, in bulk.
To import a student list
- Enter classname;studentname;username;password in the Class List editing window. The Preview window shows your work. New classes and students are created, even if there is an existing class and student with the same name.
- When you are finished entering information, click Add.
For large implementations of 200+ students, using roster templates to add organizations, groups, students, and users is the best solution. These templates are populated by the school or district from a SIS export, and the templates are imported by the Imagine Learning Rostering team. If you're using this method, you should understand data file management, manipulation, and relationships; be able to extract multiple files from your SIS and provide them to 3rd party application providers or SIS integration services; and be comfortable manipulating rows and columns on comma separated value (CSV) files to accurately represent data relationships.
Download the roster file templates
Download the roster file templates below. You can use the Simplified Roster templates or the Traditional Roster templates to prepare your data. Select OneRoster™ templates only if your SIS exports data in OneRoster™ format.
Populate the roster file templates with your data
Depending on the templates that you downloaded, click the file specifications below for instructions on how to populate your roster files with the correct data.
Upload your roster files to Imagine Learning
Upload your roster files to the Imagine Learning Rostering team using the secure form below. The files you upload are securely transferred via HTTPS to an Imagine Learning Box account, where these files are protected with best-in-class security and accessible only to members of the Imagine Learning Rostering team.
If you are using a SIS provider, you can work with the Imagine Learning Rostering team to sync and load roster data using a third-party integration service like Clever or ClassLink.
Need help? Email the Imagine Learning Rostering team for assistance.