ClassLink is a third-party service that can connect district Student Information Systems (SIS) with Imagine Learning products. ClassLink allows Single Sign-On (SSO) access to Imagine Learning products and creates roster files which can then be transferred to Imagine Learning products.
- Roster creation: ClassLink synchronizes with the district SIS and allows administrators to filter roster data to be sent to Imagine Learning products.
- Single Sign-On: Once a student or teacher has logged in to ClassLink, they can automatically access Imagine Learning products without an additional login.
ClassLink can not be used for SSO without ClassLink rostering.
Integrating Imagine Math with ClassLink
Imagine Math can integrate with ClassLink to upload roster data. This integration also includes informing Imagine Math of a student's ClassLink user identity so that SSO is enabled.
Organizations integrating with ClassLink should work with Imagine Learning's Data Integration Team or Technical System Engineers to ensure the right setup. Filters need to be set up with ClassLink to ensure that the correct students are rostered. The filtered roster data is then uploaded securely to Imagine Learning.
Integrating ClassLink SIS data with Imagine Math requires configuring the ClassLink server to transmit roster files to Imagine Learning using SFTP. You'll also need to take the steps necessary to add Imagine Math to your ClassLink LaunchPad.
If you'd like to use Imagine Math with ClassLink, inform your Customer Success Manager or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To complete the ClassLink integration:
- Contact your Customer Success Manager to let us know you'd like to use ClassLink.
- Use the ClassLink Roster Server Console to set up ClassLink to export data for Imagine Learning students. You'll need to:
- Set up the necessary filters to control the information shared with Imagine Learning.
- Set up the SFTP transfer to the Imagine Learning file server.
- Select the template to be used. We recommend OneRoster 1.1 templates.
- Select the days and time to export the data.
- Use the ClassLink Management Console to add the Imagine Learning Student app to the ClassLink LaunchPad.
Imagine Learning will:
- Provide you with the server details for the SFTP from ClassLink.
- Automate the import from the Imagine Learning file server to Imagine Math.
The SIS is the authoritative source for synced data. Performing a sync of SIS data will override any previously synced data in the Imagine Learning Portal. Data manually created in the Imagine Learning Portal remains unchanged.
Once data is synced to Imagine Learning, you can choose to allow students to access the Imagine Learning product from the ClassLink LaunchPad. After clicking a product icon on the LaunchPad, a student is automatically logged in to the product without being required to provide authentication credentials (username and password) again.